I’ve been traveling quite a bit for work lately, and I am one of those lucky people to tends to get motion sick if I don’t eat pretty much the entire time while flying. Before I took off this week for work, I decided to pack a few more flight snacks from home rather than picking up most of them at the airport. One of them was a new recipe that I’ll be making again for sure – Crunchy Chipotle Chickpeas. This originated from a recipe I saw from Everyday with Rachael Ray where she made them with BBQ seasoning.
- 15 oz. can chickpeas
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp chipotle rub (or substitute bbq rub)
- Cooking spray
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Rinse and drain chickpeas.
- In a medium bowl, coat chickpeas with olive oil and chipotle rub.
- Spray baking pan with cooking spray or coat with additional olive oil.
- Spread chickpeas on to baking sheet.
- Roast at 400 degrees for 32-35 minutes depending on how crunchy you want them. Turn over or stir halfway through baking time.
- Let cool and store in an airtight container.
In terms of consistency, they are in between a corn nut and a soy nut. They aren’t nearly as hard as a corn nut and have a little more texture than a soy nut. I like a little kick, so I thought the flavor was great. These would actually be really good with a variety of seasonings though. I think next time I’ll try a little garlic salt/sea salt.
Linked Up At: 52 Mantels; Live Laugh Rowe; Redfly Creations; A Night Owl; Too Much Time On My Hands; Craft-O-Maniac; This Gal Cooks; Food Talk Daily; Not Just a Housewife; Housewife How To’s; Daisy Cottage Designs